“Over the last few years I have observed many English-speaking friends struggle with the French administration system, get tongue-tied with local artisans and that’s before having to enter the dreaded Préfecture to implement a car registration,” explains Isabelle Tayeb of Pied-à-Terre Consulting.
- Tax issues, "taxe d’habitation", "taxe foncière", ...
- "CAF" issues (family allowance)
- Getting a "carte vitale", liaising with the "CPAM" (healthcare), and other healthcare providers such as the "RSI"
- Finding and registering with a GP
- Hospital paperwork
- Finding the right top-up health insurance ("mutuelle")
- Obtaining insurance quotes for cars, homes, healthcare and more
Registering your business
- Helping you to find an accountant
- Fully registering your business
- Translating and responding to paperwork regarding the setting up of your business
- Providing PA support for small businesses
- Opening a bank account
- Setting up direct debit payments for bills and taxes
Building and Renovation
- Arranging planning permissions
- Finding architects, builders or other skilled tradesmen
- Liaising with the above on your behalf, getting quotes
- Importing your car and re-registrating it
- Buying a new car
- Purchasing licence plates
- Getting your UK licence changed to a French one
- Helping you to find a a property to buy or rent
- Enrolling your children in school
- Receiving deliveries in your absence
- Connecting utilities and setting up phones, mobiles and Internet services
Based in Audrix (24260), we'll consider appointments throughout the Dordogne.